Dr Leonardo Jose Mataruna-Dos- Santos,
País: Reino Unido
BA, PGCert HE, MRes, PhD
Brief resume about the speaker
Dr Leonardo Mataruna’s key research interests in the legacies of Olympic and Paralympic Games, Sport Media, Sport for Peace, Innovation and new technologies for sport. He is licensee 1st Lieutenant of the Brazilian Navy and is part of Brazilian Judo Confederation. He attended as part of the Judo team the Olympics of Sydney 2000, Athens 2004, Beijing 2008 and London 2012; the Paralympic Games of Athens 2004 as coach and, Beijing 2008, London 2012 and Rio 2016 as journalist (commentator at Sportv Channel – GloboSat TV); and the Winter Olympics of Torino 2006, Vancouver 2010 and Sochi 2014, as observer and scientist. He has worked as consultant for UNESCO to promote Olympic Education and Anti-Doping Education in Sport. He is also Special Advisor for Anti-Doping Programme in the Brazilian Anti-Doping Agency and honourable member of Brazilian Pierre de Coubertin Committee. He was the coordinator of the Postgraduate and Youth Programme in the International Olympic Academy – IOC (2007-2011); and, he is IOAPA Representation for Brazil. Dr Mataruna is part of Coventry University’s CPRS; Visitor Research Fellow at Advantage Program of Contemporary Culture (PACC) of Federal University of Rio de Janeiro and Anglia Rusky University in Cambridge.Recently, start a new position as visiting research with a Marie Curie Fellow – Carnival Project (European Union Scholarship) at TUM in Germany.He developed in Coventry University as a Marie Curie Research Fellow a project called LONRIO to study the impact of Olympic and Paralympic Legacies. Dr Mataruna is registered as researcher at the Centre d’Etudes Olympiques in Lausanne, in the International Olympic Committee.
- Strategist of Brazilian Olympic Judo Team (Brazil)
- Associate Research Fellow at Coventry University (UK)
- Visiting Lecturer at TUM – Technische Universität München, Fakultät für Sport- und Gesundheitswissenschaften (Germany) and UFRJ-PACC (Brazil).
- Post-Doc Diploma in Contemporary Culture, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, BRA
- Post-Doc Diploma in Sport for Development and Peace – Coventry University, UK
- Ph.D. Physical Education and Culture, Gama Filho University, Brazil
- MRes/MSc Physical Education and Leisure, State University of Campinas – UNICAMP.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Conflict Resolution Skills, Coventry University, UK
- Brazilian Navy Officer Course – Temporary Specialisation – Marinha do Brasil.
- Postgraduate in Olympic Studies. International Olympic Academy, Greece.
- Olympic Education and Management Distinguish Exam Title, Loughborough University – Sociology of Sports
- Postgraduate Diploma in HE Academic Teaching, Candido Mendes University, UCAM
- Postgraduate Diploma in Sports Training – Judo – ESEFEx/UFRJ.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management, Educational Technology Brazilian Association, ABT.
- BA in Physical Education at School (P.E.), Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, UFRJ.
- Specialist in Adapted Physical Activity in Vulnerability and Conflict Areas – Favelas – Rio de Janeiro Municipality – Vila Olímpica da Maré.
- BSc of Physical Education, Sport and Health Degree (BSc.), Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, UFRJ, Brazil.